Back on the Album collecting again but with a healthier frame of mind

Laugh at me if you will but I used to have an addiction to buying CD’s. aThis was in the 90’s, when records were rarely being produced. I would spend my downtime meticulously going through the Used section of Record stores from A-thru-Z and then repeat in the new catalogues, collecting so much music that I was not being careful financially. Who really was being careful financially while in their teens and twenties? 😆 A happy memory is when Mike K. and I would meet up at local shops and even Best Buy to scan the racks from A to Z while planning out our weekend and deciding what local shows we would hit up. Other friends would sometimes not let me step into a record store if we were passing by. They knew I would get sucked in. Not necessary a bad thing but a bad thing for my wallet. Fast forward 20years when record pressing is back as a norm and I want a way to support bands. Records are pricey so this is a slippery slope. As my niece and nephew joke when we are road tripping, “Every song is Aunt Aimee’s favorite” With a much stronger frame of mind and not throwing away my dollars on every album that I love or am curious about, I will be more conscious in my purchasing power while supporting the bands of great albums I truly love from start to finish. Thank you Bill for surprising me with my all-time favorite album. This was a great start to my Friday morning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer came and went

What happened in May, you ask? Or didn't ask.