What happened in May, you ask? Or didn't ask.

Its been a while since I posted here. May was an insanely busy but AMAZING.
There was the Highline High School fundraiser dinner. I never recalled my high school having fundraisers and since I don't have kids, I told Carinna I would join her for her school's fundraiser auction/dinner. It was fun, I won a bottle of nice wine and 3 of us bid on the "Taste of Highline dinner" where several moms and staff would make meals passed down from their families. We were able to invite up to 10 friends.
There was Italian, Somalian, Soul, Mexican, and Hawaiian. There may have been another but I forget. It was sooooo yummy and was hosted at a house that was on Lake Burien. They told us there may be a boat involved. The boat turned out to be a battery operated dock that quietly moved in the water. That was a riot. It was a beautiful evening with stories of the meals with some of my favorite seattle friends.
8:36 Sunset dinner on the lake in Burien.
We just cruised around lake Burien on this gazebo dock boat.

The weather had finally taken a turn for the nicer so for my friend Sarah's birthday a bunch of us headed out to a distant park near Deception Pass where a bunch of friends would be camping a few days. Since this was starting on a Sunday, me and another 9-5er friend just made it a day trip in a Zipcar Mini Cooper Convertible. We had a blast and made it back late Sunday night to start the work week.
Blanket babes of Smordorrr (pics by Hastings)
L-R: Aimee, Amy, Sara (birthday gal, aka "Mama"), Amy, Callie and Heather
One weekend night I got to dogsit adorable Kha. She was so adorable and well behaved. I was under the weather and she was so comforting and sweet.
My special little house guest this weekend.
The month ended with an amazing one-night getaway to nearby Vashon Island for my buddy Brandon's 40th birthday. I packed up everything on my scooter! A new tent that is under 5lbs, my big sleeping bag, a bag of random gear and clothes and even my camping chair. Its a 25-minute scooter ride to the ferry dock in West Seattle and another 20-25 minute ferry ride to the island. Once we dock at Vashon it was a group ride to the Fraternal Order of Eagles property where we camped for the night, drank at their bar and sang karaoke. The Eagles made us dinner and breakfast. It was very comfortable camping with all those great perks. The spirits of Vashon was alive that night on the Eagles grounds. A lot of fun.
Off to camp on Vashon
8:36 Camping at the Eagles Aerie on Vashon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer came and went